Introduction to Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site’s presence in Google Search results.
Google Search Console is a free service that lets you learn a great deal of information about your website and the people who visit it. You can use it to find out things like how many people are visiting your site and how they are finding it, whether more people are visiting your site on a mobile device or desktop computer, and which pages on your site are crawled and indexed by GoogleBots. It can also help you find and fix website errors, submit a sitemap, and create and check a robots.txt file.
Why you need Google Search Console?
- Confirm that Google can find and crawl your site.
- Fix indexing problem and request re-indexing of new or updated content.
- View Google Search traffic data for your site.
- Receive alerts when Google encounters indexing, spam or other issues on your site.
- Troubleshoot issues for AMP, mobile usability and other search features.