Benefits of Digital Marketing:
- Entry Barrier for business is low.
- Measurable in numbers and Real Time Reports
- High Return on Investment
- It’s a 24 X 7 Marketing Approach
- Global Customer Reach
- Precise Targeting
1. Traditional Marketing:
It includes tangible items like print ads in magazines or newspapers, business cards. It can also include commercials on radio or TV, posters, brochures and billboards. Anything except digital ways to promote your brand is traditional marketing.
Another meaning of traditional marketing is when people find your business through reference or network and start buying your product or service. It is a conventional form of marketing your brand, which helps to reach an audience with offline modes of advertising.
The major fundamental aspects of traditional marketing remain the same even though it has evolved over the years. The selling techniques remain on the four P’s- product, price, promotion and place. Every brand should know how to include these four P’s of marketing in their business.
Pros and Cons of Traditional Marketing
- Finding ads in newspapers, magazines or on billboards is easy
- Reaches only the local audience
- In some cases, results can’t be measured
- Expensive as compared to digital marketing
- Traditional marketing is one way communication and static
2. Digital Marketing:
As long as technology is evolving, digital marketing continues to grow. Digital marketing includes social media mentions, websites, banner ads and YouTube videos. Digital marketing is quite similar to traditional marketing but just uses digital devices. One can start promoting business through social media marketing. Online marketing is a form of inbound marketing, and its main aim is for customers to find you.
Marketing your business through social media channels becomes easy like online organic search, paid search or by reading content online like article or blog. The audience becomes familiar with your content as and when they keep seeing it, which helps build trust.
Pros and Cons of Digital Marketing
- Increased brand awareness
- More inbound traffic
- Higher conversion rates
- Results are easier to measure
- Limitations of Internet Access
- Promotion strategy can be copied
- High Competition of brands
- Dependability on technology
- Security, privacy issues
- Higher transparency of pricing and increased price competition
- Some internet users have ad blockers, so they’ll never see pop-ups or banner ads