To carry out the most important technical SEO tasks, you need the help of webmaster tools. Webmaster tools are provided by search engines and can be used to optimize a website for technical SEO. Always register your site with webmaster tools.
The most complete set of tools is the Google Search Console, provided by Google.
With Google Search Console you can test your robots.txt file, submit a sitemap to Google and find and fix crawl errors. It is highly recommended to register your site with Google and Bing webmaster tools and configure the basic settings.
All major search engines offer webmaster tools to their users. Through webmaster tools you can control and improve the performance of your website on the various search engines.
Search engines offer webmaster tools as follow;
- Google Search Console Tool
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- Yandex Webmaster Tools
- Yahoo Webmaster Tools
- DuckDuckGo Webmaster Tools
- Ask Webmaster Tools
- Baidu Webmaster Tools
What can you do with Webmaster tools?
The features below are common to ALL webmaster tools.
- They are free to use
- They allow you to create an account and verify ownership of your website using different methods.
- They allow you to submit an XML sitemap
- They have reports for analyzing the performance of your website in their search results
- They notify you of problems related to crawling and indexing
- They allow you to manually submit pages to their index (either new or existing pages)
- They have reports for analyzing your link profile