Introduction to SEO On-Page
Definition: On-page SEO (also known as “on-site” SEO) is the act of optimizing different parts of your website that affect your search engine rankings.
It’s stuff that you have control over and can change on your own website. On-Page SEO relates to the content on your website. It includes strategies to optimize an individual page on a website. These factors help search engines understand the topic of the content and see that the website is a valuable source that people would want to find.
On-Page SEO includes:
- Keyword Research: Finding the best keywords to target on a page of content
- Content Creation: Publishing high-quality content focused on target keywords
- Keyword Optimization: Using the target keyword in all the right places on website.
On Page SEO should be done even if you rank #1 in the SERP because SEO is an ongoing process.
On-Page SEO Ranking Factors / Elements
Here is the list of direct and indirect SEO ranking factor or elements which uses primary keywords (main keywords) and secondary keywords for optimization.
- Keyword Research (Type of Keyword)
- High Quality Page Content (Type of Content)
- Metadata (Page Title & Description)
- Optimize Header Tags (H1, H2, H3 upto H6) & Formatted Texts
- Optimize Links (Anchor Text, Internal Links, Inbound & Outbound Links, Broken Links)
- Optimize Images (File Name, File Size, ALT Text)
- CTA (Call-to-action)