A Backlink is a link created when one website links to another. Backlinks are also called “inbound links” or “incoming links.” Backlinks are important to SEO.
- Helps to get higher Google Page Rank
- Increases online reputation of your website
If many sites link to your webpage or website, search engines can infer that your content is worth linking to, and therefore also worth surfacing on a SERP. So, earning these Backlinks can have a positive effect on a site’s ranking position.
- Backlink should come from those website which have high Page Rank than your website.
- Backlink should come from those website which have relevant content as your website.
- Create Backlinks on targeted keywords (Anchor text should be Brand or Focused Keywords)
- Create deep Backlinks (Deep linking is linking to the internal pages of your site, instead of building links only to the homepage)
- Create Do-Follow and No-Follow Backlinks (Depending on the Do-Follow or No-Follow tags, crawlers either crawl or do not crawl that link.)